Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lego Letters


They are here! I have been waiting for these to arrive. I found the Lego letters a few months ago and began a search on Ebay for a set. They are priced at $69.95 and while I wanted them, I did not want them that much. I was finally able to get a set on Ebay.

With the set you get 2 bases and over 150 letters. The set I purchased came from the UK and came with several letters that are not used in English. I did get the entire alphabet in both upper and lower case. I plan on taking the extra pieces and making stickers with punctuation symbols, to use for sentence structure lessons. I purchased them as a hands on activity for spelling.


Here is where you can find more information of Lego Education and the letter set.
http://www.legoeducation.us/store/detail.aspx?CategoryID=171&by=9&c=1&ID=1473

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you for this great idea! I had no idea this even existed! Hi, I'm Paula, I believe I found a link to your other blog from either Ana's KOW website, the Flickr page, or maybe even her FB fan page. Anyway, back to the Lego letters...my daughter is non-verbal and has special needs (Cerebral Palsy) due to being born extremely premature. She LOVES and by that I mean is OBSESSED with Legos!!! She does, however, understand and can point out words in magazines. I think this might be an excellent teaching resource for her! She's nearly 10. Thank you, thank you, thank you for this wonderful idea!

    I think I'm going to subscribe to your blog because it seems we have lots in common! I am a SAHM, love being creative (although I am what I call creatively constipated at the moment), and I'm certainly an avid couponer and treat it like a sport! LOL! Are you on Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on facebook although I don't post very often, I use twitter more. My name on twitter is momofAJ. I did discover Knock-Off Wood site not long ago and am completely obsessed. My want to build list is huge.

    We are huge LEGO fans here, he plays with them all the time and is his no. 1 toy. The Lego education site has lots of learning toys. Be sure and check Ebay, for good deals on them.

    My son was a 28 weeker and has a congintal heart defect, it is one of the reason we homeschool.

    Thanks for following!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Heather! We have even more in common! Maddy was born at 24 weeks. I have a friend who has a child with a congenital heart defect, as well as Cerebral Palsy. She belonged to a group called Mended Little Hearts (I think that's the name).

    What state do you live in. I remember reading on your other blog that it is somewhere hot. Me too! I'm in Florida. We haven't built anything in awhile because it's too hot and humid to go out in the garage to build. We used to do it after the kids went to bed at night, but we have to keep the garage closed due to the noise and keeping bugs out. My list is long too. I want to do a large frame, floating shelves, twin sized farmhouse bed, and cubby wall system. So far, we've built two Cameron bookshelves, bigger kids picnic table, and a large entertainment console.

    Nice to meet you, Heather!

    ReplyDelete