Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Spring Plans

I was asked not long ago if I was making any changes with our curriculum for the spring, at the time I had not planned on making any changes. Now I am looking at adding a science program. I am thinking of getting Apologia Exploring Creation with Botany.


Last summer we had a great time with our butterfly garden and very small vegetable garden. I had planned to doing the butterfly garden again and we are going to have a vegetable garden. I am planning on us starting the seeds indoors in the next few weeks. I found a seed pot maker that uses newspaper to make little pots to start your seedlings in. Looks like it will be a fun way for us to make and start our little garden.


A friend of mine and I were talking about curriculum for next year and she had recommended Apologia for science. I was looking at some of the sample lessons plans on their website and thought the Botany textbook looked like a great way to incorporate science into our fun gardening plans. While I doubt we would finish the textbook before this school year is over that is fine, we would just take our time and go through it at our own pace.


Has anyone used Apologia sciences specifically the Botany textbooks? I will also be getting the journal that goes with the textbook, I thought it would be a good way to get in some extra handwriting in a fun manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment